I am still working on introducing all of you to some of the great personal finance Twitter chats. Last week I had written about the Top 5 Personal Finance Twitter Chats, one of them being the weekly #MCChat by @MoneyCrashers. The Money Crashers website states its goal is to “educate individuals in making wise choices about credit and debt, investing, education, real estate, insurance, spending, and more.” They teach what they refer to as the 11 Indisputable Principles of Money Crashers:
- Always spend less than you make.
- Do not believe in money myths.
- Get out of debt and stay out of debt.
- Save money for the unexpected.
- Student loans are not the only answer. Be resourceful and open-minded.
- Find creative ways to boost your income.
- Invest for the long-term and keep it simple.
- Educate yourself about real estate, cars, and financial products.
- Avoid scams and financial predators.
- If you have a spouse or partner, treat this person as a teammate!
- If you achieve financial success, give back. It helps others and feels great.
Their articles cover everything from money management, investing, real estate and careers. Their Twitter handle promises to be your guide to financial fitness. The weekly #MCChat covers a wide variety of personal finance topics and it is a great place to connect other personal finance Twitter users. Join @MoneyCrashers Fridays at 4pm ET and if you are not sure how a Twitter Chat works, check out our recent article on What is a Twitter Chat and How Do I Participate?