Small business are the focus here for the month of November with Small Business Saturday approaching soon on November 30th. If you are a small business owner and have not yet taken advantage of the hype surrounding Small Business Saturday, you better get started. There are a wide variety of resources over at the American Express Shop Small website as well as the offers available from the premier sponsors of Small Business Saturday that include Twitter, Fedex Office, USPS and Foursquare. Besides looking forward to the support generated from Small Business Saturday, small businesses are optimistic that the support will be bringing them a big holiday season this year as well. Many consumers show their support for the local businesses come Small Business Saturday but there are a wide variety of reasons why you should show support for those businesses year round. So come this holiday season, continue that support by shopping small.
Kabbage, a company that delivers small business financing, offers some insight into the optimism small businesses are hoping for this coming holiday season. In fact, this infographic shares that the majority of small businesses have reason to be optimistic about spending this holiday season because 2013 has already outperformed 2012 for most. Because 44% of small businesses sell the most during the holidays, this time of year can make or break many small businesses. Make sure you support your local businesses this coming holiday season to build a stronger community as well as a stronger economy for the entire nation.
- 8 out of 10 businesses expect this coming holiday season to be better than 2012( 41% believe it will be much stronger, 39% believe it will be better, 16% believe it will be about the same, 4% believe it will be weaker)
- 38% of small businesses sell consistently throughout the year
- 44% of small businesses sell the most during holiday season
- For 7 out of 10 small businesses, 2013 is already out-performing 2012(37% are up by more than 20%, 39% are up 5-20%, 12% are even with 2012, 11% are down 5-20%, 1% are down more than 20%)
- Almost two thirds of small businesses plan to seek more financing in 2013 than in 2012