Let me guess… you have some spare time after your day job or after completing your household works if you are a stay-at-home-mom.
And you are planning for a side hustle to make some extra money to pay off debt faster or saving for a vacation. Whatever be the reason.
But you don’t have a clue – What to do? Where to start?
Because there are so many side hustle ideas out there, which one is best for you. It’s so confusing.
Your search ends here, as today I’m going to share my
Ready? Let’s dive in!
How to find a right side hustle for you?
Your side job must be something which you are passionate about. It should give you the freedom to do things in your own way. You must enjoy doing it.
1. Find your passion
Just think about the hobbies or skills you have. Make a list of things you are good at. It is not that hard; here are some of these ideas for you:
- Teaching – If you are passionate about teaching then you can think of teaching kids, teaching English or foreign language.
- Writing – If you love writing, you can think of becoming a freelancer, proof reader and copywriting.
- Creativity – If you are inspired by creativity then you can think of side hustles like selling handmade and art works, music, decoration and designing.
- Expert Skills – You may have some expert skills in yoga, fitness or nutrition, SEO, online Marketing, knowledge about finance and taxation.
- Tech Savvy – Good understanding of gadgets, social media, blogging, graphic designing and gaming.
- DIY – You make be good at organizing home, cooking, baking, sewing, grooming pets, and gardening.
- Taking care – You can take care of kids as a babysitter or taking care of pets.
2. What are your skills
You can do a lot of things in a side business, based on your past or present job skills, try to find those skills. You don’t need to learn new things as you have already done those jobs in past or presently pursuing them. You just need to leverage those skills to make extra income out of it. Some of these skills like:
- Selling & marketing
- Event planning
- Graphic designing
- Photography and video editing
- Accounting skills
- Programmer or web developer
- Making crafts
- Repairing or wooden work
3. Make a realistic choice
At this point you must have known your hobbies/passion and skills which we have talked about above, now it’s time to choose a side gig which can really earn you good money. For that, you have to consider some of the factors like:
7 Side hustle ideas to make extra bucks
1. Become a virtual assistant
I’m sure you’ve figured out some of your skills which we have talked about earlier. So why not leverage your skills and become a virtual assistant. In my opinion, being a virtual assistant is the best part-time job you can try because:
- You can work from comfort of your home. No waste of time in commuting.
- Good earning potential, you can easily make around $20 – $45 per hour based on your experience.
- Flexible timing to work. Be your own boss.
- You can scale up your side hustle to make it full time income.
- No special skills required, only basic computing and rest is based on your past job experience.
- It gives you space to live your passion or hobbies like – writing, graphic designing and proofreading.
There are plenty of things you can do as a virtual assistant:
- Data entry
- Answering calls & emails
- Scheduling meetings
- Social media management
- Graphic designing
- Content writing, editing & proofreading
- Blog management
2. Taking surveys
The best way to utilize your free time is by taking surveys, especially when you are a stay-at-home mom and looking for some extra income opportunity. I know you might be thinking; it takes a lot of time, Is it worth it?
My answer is, like in any job you have to take the right approach towards surveys as well. I mean you have to make the right strategies to become successful to make money with surveys. Read my post about survey secrets to make more money by taking surveys.
It doesn’t require much, just put your 1 – 2 hours daily from your free time when you watch TV or spend time on Facebook or Instagram. You can easily earn $100 to $150 a month.
Some of my
Everyone around the world is having some sort of problem(s). It can be losing weight, how to do things, DIY, cooking, sewing, managing money etc. The list is endless. And you can help those people by solving their problems through blogging.
You may have faced the same problems in the past and know how to solve them. With that experience, you can easily help others to overcome those problems. Start a blog and start creating content around that topics.
While solving their problems, you can suggest any products or services which will eventually solve their problems and you will earn commissions for suggesting them. This is called affiliate marketing; most bloggers make money online the same way.
You can also create your own digital product like a video tutorial or course and sell it through your blog. Another way of making money from blogs is through advertisements, sponsored posts.
Blogging is an excellent side business to start with, though it takes time to make money and lots of hard work.
Why blogging is a good side hustle:
# You can work from home.
# Huge earning potential.
# Be your own boss.
# Work according to your time.
4. Taking care
There is a lot of money to be made in the taking care business, and this can be a great side gig for you if you love to spend time with pets and babies. In taking care of business you can consider these three categories:
- Dog walking/Pet sitting
- House sitting
Babysitting – Though as it sounds, babysitting is not the most
Why you should try babysitting as a side hustle - You can start a part-time job, it pays well, learn to get along with kids and it doesn’t require any special skills you just need passion to take care of the little ones.
Certified and more experienced babysitters are charging $
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting – I have always loved dogs, they are so cute. If you are also an animal lover like me, then why not make some extra bucks with your passion? Pet sitting can turn out to be a great side business if you are really good with pets.
An average pet sitter charges about $50 - $60 per day and for an overnight pet sitting $70+. You can do the math if you are planning to start as a beginner. You can look for pet sitting opportunities in your
House Sitting – House sitting is more complementary to pet sitting because most homeowners when they go out for vacations they want someone to take care of their pets. So, this side hustle can also be worth trying.
Apart from feeding and taking care of pets, homeowners also need a house sitter to water their plants, collecting bills & letters, reset alarms, cameras and other security systems. The most important thing is it allows homeowners to relax and enjoy their holidays as someone is there to take care of their house.
A house sitter can expect to make around $30 - $50 per day on an average. You can find house sittings jobs on –
No one is perfect at the beginning of any task, everyone needs a mentor or an instructor to show us the right way of doing things. For example, doing yoga or swimming. Coaching can be a good side job if you have good knowledge in some specific areas like:
- Fitness trainer/Gym instructor
- Yoga instructor
- Music teacher
- Teaching english
- Swimming/Martial arts or any sports
- Career advisor
- Dating coach
The list is endless. You just need to think about your special skills which you can sell and market yourself as an expert. You can also scale it to a full-time business.
How to start?
- Reach out to people in your
neighbourhood, nearby communities, high schools or colleges.
- Add yourself in local listings of google business, Bing, Yahoo
- Make a website and make some detailed posts about your skills.
- Talk to family members, friends and coworkers
- Ask referrals from previous and current clients.
- Increase your social media presence to show your skills to the world, join Facebook groups or start posting on Instagram. So that people will know your skills and become your clients.
6. Food-Related Side jobs
Everybody loves food and if you have an idea about what people love to eat then you are in the right business. Traditionally a food business is mostly associated with restaurants and bakeries. But there are huge possibilities in the food business If you are really passionate about food.
In the food business, it is not everything about cooking. One can also be an expert like a nutritionist or having knowledge of teaching cooking to others. There are so many talks going on about vegan food, one can leverage their skills in these niche food areas.
- Start a food truck
- Making cupcakes
- Taking catering orders for birthday parties and other events
- Become a personal chef
- Start a food blog
- Write a recipe book
- Become a nutritionist
- Start a cooking class
7. Professional services and cleaning
Let’s face it, we all need a handyman or cleaning professional to maintain our house and backyard. Now, that creates an amazing side business opportunity for you, if you have some of the certifications like - plumbing, electric repair, construction etc.
You would be surprised to know for doing some of these basic tasks like plumbic, painting and repairing electrical appliances can easily earn you $150 - $200 per day as a handyman.
The best part is you can work with multiple clients in a single day.
Other related side gigs are cleaning jobs. Some of these jobs like lawn mowing, pool cleaning
The Final Words
If you enjoyed this post, please pin it on Pinterest.