This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please read disclosure.
Are you confused? What virtual assistant services you should offer or which services are in demand to make most out of it?
Trust me; you are not alone. A majority of new virtual assistants face this dilemma.
No wonder, as there are tons of services to offer, it’s so overwhelming to decide which one to offer.
It’s always a good idea to start with those services in which you are good at in the beginning. But to become a successful virtual assistant, you should know which services are in demand.
You should understand the needs of your clients. Try to find a balance between the services you are offering and what the client is expecting from you.
The virtual assistant industry is very dynamic. The changes are quite drastic.
As the new startups are focusing more on digital marketing, data analytics, and market research. You need to keep pace with these changes to stay ahead in the industry.
What are the emerging segments in VA? Here are the 22+ virtual assistant services which are in great demand:
These are the most primary services which an entrepreneur or a startup want to outsource from an administrative virtual assistant.
1. Basic Data Entry Services
Every business whether it is real estate, logistics or E-commerce have to deal with lots of data. It is a very daunting task for them so they look for a smart solution in the form of virtual assistants. The basic data entry services include tasks like:
- Keeping records of accounts, sales, dispatches, contacts, bills, etc.
- Enter data into the central system or software (CRM).
- Processing forms and documents.
- Creating reports and presentations.
- Check the accuracy of databases
- Maintaining all records in proper files and folders.
2. Answering Phone Calls and Email
These are the very basic services related to business communication which you can offer as a virtual assistant.
- Sending and answering emails and chats.
- Making and receiving phone calls of suppliers, customers and business partners.
- Handling customers queries and solving problems
- Follow-up with suppliers.
- Tracking shipments.
- Managing auto-responders.
- Maintaining proper records of all important conversations.
In every business there are several crucial tasks which needs to be in proper sequence, here a remote assistant can save a lot of time to business owners which give them the elbow room to focus on the planning and business strategy.
- Scheduling daily activities and calendar.
- Scheduling socials media posts and tweets.
- Organizing files and documents.
- Booking hotels and flights.
- Ordering online.
- Making budget.
- Keep note of anniversary, birthday and other important events.
4. Scheduling Meetings and Appointments
In a routine business day, there are lots of appointments and meetings lined up, a VA can help to manage and arrange them properly.
- Planning meetings, appointments and events.
- Sending invitations.
- Making reservations.
5. Making PowerPoint Presentations and Slides
An entrepreneur is always over occupied with operational tasks, here a VA can be very handy for making presentations and slides.
- Choosing relevant templates
- Finding images and fonts
- Collecting data
- Doing research on topics like – sales, product or branding strategy.
- Arranging slides or pages in proper order of presentation.
6. Email Management
Checking and responding daily emails eats away lot of valuable time of business owners. A virtual assistant can take away this burden by managing emails.
- Responding to emails
- Sending newsletters
- Maintaining multiple email accounts.
- Flagging important emails
- Cleaning spam folder
- Maintaining to do list
- Maintaining email lists
7. Travel Assistant
A travel assistant makes all arrangements for travelling, accommodation and car rentals for business trips and vacations.
- Booking flight, cabs, restaurants and hotel.
- Booking business trips and vacations.
- Getting passport and visa approvals.
- Tracking all travel bills and invoices
- Making a list of places to visit and shopping.
- Travel related data entry.
8. Document Management
It includes storing, tracking, sharing and editing of documents digitally. A remote assistant is needed to:
- Creating, formatting and editing documents in MS Word, MS Excel.
- Converting word to PDF or Excel to PDF.
- Scanning documents
- Google documents and Google drive
Related Post: How to become a virtual assistant
Managing Finances (Bookkeeping)
Indeed, it is true that a small business owner wears many hats, and one of them is managing money or accounting.
But as the business grows, they had to focus more on core operations, in that case, they can rely on a virtual assistant for bookkeeping tasks.
A virtual bookkeeper can do following tasks:
1. Keep track of your expenses and bills.
2. Ledger entry in your books of accounts, bookkeeping.
3. Reconciliation of bank statements.
4. Creating a budget.
5. Organizing bank statements and bills.
6. Make purchases and placing orders for you.
7. Generating invoices.
8. Payroll processing.
9. Setting up business payments.
10. Help in tax calculations.
11. Filing VAT return and corporate tax.
In legal and medical businesses most of the data are in the form of audio or video files, which need to be accurately converted into text form. It is called transcription.
A virtual assistant can do transcription work from a remote location based on his/her specialized skills over the medical and legal terminologies.
Most popular transcription services:
Transcription of online courses
There are many technical tasks which are critical for a business, especially if it is an online business.
If you have technical knowledge in the space of website development, then you can offer these services.
- Setting up a website on WordPress, Wix or Squarespace.
- Customizing website and coding.
- Installing plugins.
- Search engine optimization
- Setting up landing pages.
- Sales funnel and lead generation.
- Setting up webinars.
- Setting up email newsletters services.
- Setting up an e-commerce website and online shop.
- Creating graphics for the website.
- Technical support and troubleshooting.
Social Media Management
Today’s consumers are very smart, before buying anything they first check out its social media reviews and visits the company’s Facebook or Twitter pages.
For this reason, every business owner had to maintain its online presence through social media to building a strong brand to drive more sales.
But it requires consistent creation of content and sharing online which takes too much time, and here the social media virtual assistant comes to picture.
What a social media virtual assistant do:
1. Creating social media posts, contents, and graphics.
2. Scheduling posts on most engaging time at which the target audience is online.
3. Responding to the comments of fans and followers.
4. Analyzing social engagement data – demographics of the audience – age, income, and, preferences.
5. Managing multiple social media accounts.
6. Grow fans and followers.
7. Collaborate with other influencers in the same space.
8. Creating ad campaigns like Facebook and Instagram ads.
9. Creating contests, quiz, and giveaways to engage the audience.
Nowadays blogging is a core component of the marketing strategy of businesses to reach out the target audience and to build a brand.
But it demands a lot of extra work in the form of content creation. Here the virtual assistant comes to the rescue of small business.
Services to offer:
1. Research for blog post ideas.
2. Content creation – coming out with new blog post ideas and writing high-quality contents.
3. Finding relevant images for blog posts, creating and editing images.
4. Drafting, formatting, scheduling and publishing blog posts
5. Doing keyword research and SEO for better ranking on Google.
6. Finding guest post opportunities on other related blogs.
7. Content marketing.
8. Managing newsletter to engage the audience.
9. Replying to comments.
10. social media sharing.
Pinterest is much more than a usual social media platform; it is more of a visual search engine. As there are many female entrepreneurs out there who need Pinterest related specialized services.
Some of these entrepreneurs are selling handmade crafts, printables, clothing and home décor items. For marketing, they need to make eye-catching pins to get more buyers.
Which creates some great opportunities for a Pinterest VA, they can offer services like:
- Create eye-catching pins.
- Creating niche specific boards.
- Scheduling pins.
- Manual pinning.
- Getting more followers.
- Optimizing Pinterest profiles with target keywords.
- Enabling rich pins.
- Setting up Tailwind.
- Getting access to new group boards or tribes.
- Doing Pinterest SEO with keyword rich descriptions to pins and boards.
Event Management Services
In business there are many events like, annual meeting, vender meeting and conferences. An event management assistant can help to conduct each event successfully.
Main tasks like:
- Sending invitations
- Arranging travel, accommodation and catering.
- Booking venue
- Planning event within the budget
- Scheduling the activities of the event
To grow a business, an entrepreneur is always looking for new markets, product, and services which involves a lot of research.
As the completion heats up, a business needs more leads to grow its sales, for that research plays a crucial role, by hiring a remote assistant this task can be done more efficiently.
Doing research about:
1. New product and services launched by competitors
2. Analyzing new consumer trends in the market
3. Conducting surveys
4. Creating a database
5. Finding new markets
6. Lead generation
7. Collecting data from government research, trade associations, news, census, and other research publications.
8. Finding business partners, niche website for advertisement and affiliate to market product and services.
Customer service is the backbone of any business, because a customer had many questions in his mind about the products or services. A business should be capable to handle all of these problems and queries.
But as discussed earlier, here also the owner cannot focus on each and every aspect of the business and customer service is not an exception.
As the business scale up, they get more customer’s calls and queries. And an entrepreneur wants a customer service virtual assistant who can deal with problems of customers like – tracking shipments, payments, refunds, and product or service related queries.
- Answering customer’s queries on using product and services.
- Customer Support – handling emails, voice mails, chat or phone support.
- Order processing and credit card payment processing.
- Maintaining customer database and CRM.
- Helping customers in arranging shipments and processing invoice and documentation.
- Handling refunds, returns, and cancellation of orders.
- Order tracking
- Feedbacks from customer
An entrepreneur is constantly looking for new customer and lead generation become a tough nut to crack, this daunting task can be outsourced to a virtual assistant.
These are some of the lead generation services which a VA can offer:
- Making cold calls & email marketing.
- Getting leads from LinkedIn marketing.
- Setting landing pages.
- Social media ads.
- Market research.
- Prospective customer’s database management.6 Participating in forums.
- Collaborating with influencers.
- Freebies and giveaways in exchange for an email address.
SEO Virtual Assistant
Website ranking is very crucial in internet marketing, and business owners don’t have time and skills for search engine optimization (SEO). A SEO virtual assistant can help an entrepreneur in the following ways:
- Ranking website on search engines
- Optimizing website for better ranking on search engines
- Keyword research
- Link building
- Content marketing
- Social media sharing
- Submitting sitemap to leading search engines
- Google analytics setup
- Yoast setup
In graphic designing space, there are many tasks which are mundane and eats away a lot of time. On the other hand, some designing tasks which require special skills and expertise.
The most reliable solution to this problem is to hire a graphic design virtual assistant. The tasks which a graphics virtual assistant can do:
1. Logo designing.
2. Creating a banner header.
3. Making image template.
4. Creating Infographics.
5. Business cards and invitation cards.
6. Brochure and letterheads.
7. Image editing.
8. Creating social media images.
9. Designing an eBook cover page.
10. Website designing.
Medical Virtual Assistant
In the medical field, doctors and therapist also need a helping hand to manage their patient’s records, appointments, and transcription of medical records.
A medical virtual assistant can take of this workload by providing services like:
- Organizing patents medical records and files.
- Data entry of new and existing patents.
- Scheduling appointments and therapy sessions.
- Answering calls and receptionist tasks
- Follow-ups and send reminders to patients.
- Handling billing, receivables, and payments.
- Processing payroll.
- Medical transcription.
- Tracking medical bulletins and journals.
Wrapping it up, there is no limit to the services you can offer under your virtual assistant umbrella. First, figure out your skills which fit best among the above services.
Focus on your core areas of strengths and become an expert in your niche to command higher rates.
Identify some niche areas like Pinterest or graphic designing, and become expert in it.
Then create a list of services you can offer by keeping in mind the demands of business owners. Be open-minded to learn new skills to expand your offerings by taking online courses on udemy and other platforms.
If you like this post, please pin it to the virtual assistant board in your Pinterest account.